After facilitating the payment of water and electricity bills in Cameroon through MTN Mobile Money, it is now possible to Pay School Fees in Cameroon through MTN Mobile Money.
You can now Pay School Fees in Cameroon from the comfort of your home using your MTN Mobile Money. Wholesome, right?
Cameroon GCE Board was duly informed that MTN Cameroon in partnership with the ministry of secondary education MINESEC and MINESUP offers you the possibility to pay schools and universities fees of your children without having to suffer the hassles and the long queues.
MTN Cameroon has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Secondary Education (MINESEC) for the use of its mobile money system for the payment of school fees and related charges in Cameroonian secondary schools.
Parents will no longer have to move and spend hours in queues to pay their children’s school fees but will be able to pay remotely through their mobile phone, at any time and from any location.
This will enhance transparency and traceability in the collection of fees by secondary schools. This will enable the Ministry of Secondary Education to improve the quality of services provided to the Educative Community.
How to Pay School Fees in Cameroon through MTN Mobile Money
How does it Work?
Payment of tuitions fees in secondary schools
- Dial *126*007#
- Enter the school code, the names, and surnames (as shown on the birth certificate), specify the cycle (1st or 2nd cycle) and validate. ( You can get the school code by clicking HERE)
- You will receive a summary message of the transaction containing all the information registered.
- In case of validation of the message, a notification will invite you to leave this session and dial *126# to approve your transaction.
- Dial *126#, on the screen, will appear a message asking you to confirm your operation by entering your PIN code
- You will receive a message confirming your payment. Please keep the payment reference (Pay ID) as it is the proof of your payment.
Payment of university fees
Move closer to the university of your choice for details of the payment procedure.
- List of schools and codes
- Secondary school fees
|Ranges (FCFA)||Fees (FCFA)|
|1 – 10 000||200|
|10 001 – 30 000||300|
|> 30 000||500|
- Universities fees
Move closer to the university of your choice to have tariffs